1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame.
3 When I called, you answered me;
you greatly emboldened me.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,
when they hear what you have decreed.
5 May they sing of the ways of the Lord,
for the glory of the Lord is great.
6 Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly;
though lofty, he sees them from afar.
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes;
with your right hand you save me.
8 The Lord will vindicate me;
your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.
Worship = our response to what God has, and is doing
- Verse 1 “I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise.”
- In Matthew 5 Jesus called this a “pure heart”, not distracted by anyone or anything else – God is first.
- Verse 2 “I will bow down”
- Not just our heart but our actions – God is concerned with all we think and do.
- Verse 2 “for your unfailing love and your faithfulness…”
- Why do we worship God? Because He deservers it, He more than deserves it and it is the least we can do.